This year refugee women are getting loud by organizing a national wide meeting on “Breaking Borders”. This was a decision reached during the evaluation meeting of the 2016 national wide summer bus tour of „women in Exile & Friends” and the network of refugee women and groups working with refugee women national wide.
As women* we are faced with sexism and racist borders which expose us to all types of prejudice. As refugee women we confront multiple inner and outer borders during and after the flight.
The aim of this conference is:
- To reinforce / weave networks beyond borders
- To empower women to break borders of sexism and racism
- To find strategies together on how to dismantle all borders eg. deportations,lagers etc.
- To bring the refugees political perspective to the causes of migration
- To create space for refugee women to break borders and build community by expressing their talents
We need each other’s solidarity to break inner and outer borders/boundaries. Join us in declaring no borders are high, low, wide or solid enough when women unite.
To have a successful Conference for everybody we need some financial support, please support us on the betterplace campaign! Thanks!