Greetings from the Anti Frontex Days in Warsaw/Poland ! Today’s demonstration is organised by different international groups and activists. If you want to see in live pictures and demo of our protest actions here In Poland, see all here, start from 5 pm.
Please check following pages for further information and the live stream:
In solidarity with all protest demos against frontex in Brussels, Paris, Rome, and also in Morroco…
“Stop War on Migrants”
Background and call for action:
Frontex is a private agency working for the European Commissions, funded with your tax money and waging in your name a war on migrants in the Mediterranean Sea and on the external borders of the EU. Frontex is having its 10th anniversary, but for us there is nothing to celebrate.
10 years of FRONTEX mean:
- having turned the mediterranean sea into the deadliest border for migrants in the world: 22 thousand deaths in last 15 years
- growing costs of enforcing border control; 30% increase in 2015 to 114 million euro;
- continuation of the European colonial politics, through externalization of borders
- daily violations of dignity in the detention centres in Poland and in the EU (600 000 detainees each year, including children),
- fueling human trafficking profits (1 billion USD per year) by closing borders,
EU politicians have recently declared a new military operation against human trafficking, in an attempt to hide the complicity of their own migration policy in the profits of smugglers.
We say no to criminalizing people migrating to defend their dignity and their lives.
Let’s show solidarity! Freedom of movement and right of stay to all! Push back Frontex!